By default, the Cisco SPA112 / 122 devices do not automatically update their firmware.
Many of these units have firmware version that are many years old. Ensuring you are on current firmware versions can address many quality issues (bugs).
To ensure you have the latest firmware version for your device, simply add our firmware path to the Firmware Upgrade Rule:
First, find your device IP address:
- Lift the handset of the phone connected to your ATA, Dial **** to initiate the IVR Menu
- Wait to be instructed to enter your command.
- Dial 110# and the IP address will be played to you (you will want to write it down).
Next, login to your device:
- Find the IP Address of the ATA device (above) and open a web browser to the IP address of the device.
- Login with your ATA device admin password.
Once logged in to your device, select Voice (from the top menu).
Select Provisioning (from the left menu).
Enter the below path to the Firmware Upgrade Rule field:
Then click Submit.
Your device will now automatically update, and check on a regular intervals to ensure it remains updated, with any new firmware versions.